Androgyny in Fashion

Tuesday, April 2


Photo Source: Women's Wear Daily

I know I already talked about the idea of men in womenswear inspired pieces, what pieces worked and how to wear them so that they wouldn't feel too feminine, however, I wanted to talk more about fashion  when the male form and female form are combined for one amazing and unexpected look. 


Now this post was brought on because I was browsing the web and come across an article on true androgyne and fashion model Andre Pejic.  He caught my eye because he makes an exceptionally pretty female and has walked the runway in both female and male form. I thought "Wow, fashion is really changing, now we have men modeling women's clothing seriously". I have to admit it's so awesome. It seems androgyny in fashion is becoming more apparent as women continue to borrow more from men and men are finally starting to have fun with their appearance. I am grateful for Andre Pejic's presence in the fashion industry as I think he will really be the beginning of a change in fashion.

Jeremy Scott


Jean Paul Gautier



Y-3


Ann Demeulemeester



Costume National


Yohji Yamamoto


Comme de Garçons


I look forward to the androgynous trend gaining momentum. I'm tired of being restricted and I want to be able to spread my wings and experiment. Hopefully designers like Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Alexander Wang, Gareth Pugh, Dsquared2 etc. will continue to bush the boundaries and allow fashion to be just one universal form of self-expression instead of always trying to force us into predetermined roles.

With Love,
Tae Hyeon <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TheFashMan © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger